Friday, January 15, 2010

Yesterday was spent in A&E with my eldest daughter who dislocated her shoulder falling down the decking steps! Poor love. I have to say we had the best Dr ever! He was so calm, gave her morphine before they moved her arm and then popped it back in without her even noticing! She is much better today thankfully and I was very proud of her as she was very very brave!.

I managed to finish a card I had been commissioned to make for a friend. It's for a diamond wedding anniversary. I did a Bookatrix card, embossing the top page with my cuttlebug and then embossed the butterflies onto parchment paper. I used swarowski crystals on the ribbon and the printed a poem onto some parchment. I used peeloffs for the red hearts.

This is the card on its stand.

For the box I used crystals again and then made the tag with parchment paper and card, used a heart shaped eyelet and then ribbon with hearts on.


I have to say my friend LOVED it! I was really pleased with it too. I don't usually go in for lots of stuff on a card but this did look nice.

This last card was made using my lovely as a tree Stampin Up stamps. I used alcohol ink to make the background and then matted it. Apologies for the poor photo, my temporary one armed daughter insisted on taking it!

Now the snow is melting I'm not sure how much time I will have to escape into my craft room but I had such a big parcel of goodies from Julie I hope to hide in there for some time tomorrow.

Have a great weekend. Ruth

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards Ruth, hope your big girl is feeling all better today and glad the show is melting! Enjoy your box of goodies! Jules xxxx

    ReplyDelete