Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Open Sea


It's my father in laws birthday tomorrow and I wanted to create a card for him that was a bit different. I love The Open Sea stamp set from the summer mini catalogue as it is perfect for masculine cards.  I stamped the background onto Crumb Cake cardstock and then added the globe map in Pool Party.

For the ship I rubbed pool party onto some Whisper White cardstock and then used a wet brush to add some Island Indigo and blended them together.  I then stamped the ship on using the StazOn black ink pad.  I then used the versamark embossing pad and rubbed it all over the image and then added layer upon layer of clear embossing powder



 Once it was dry I bent the cardstock over so that the glaze "broke" and it looked like a piece of broken glass.  It's a really effective look and was something different.

I then mounted it onto some Pool Party cardstock and stuck it to the card.

I hope he likes it - what do you think?

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment