Saturday, July 31, 2010

Christmas in July


I have been playing! I love playing and have been very inspired by a very talented lady called Becky Roberts. She created a gorgeous set of milk cartons with a surprise bottom which I will show you in a bit.
I finally got my hands on the stamp set called Winter Post. It is such a gorgeous set and so versatile. I made the holder to hold 4 little milk cartons using Old Olive and then stamped and embossed in gold the snowflake stamp from the set and used it to reinforce the sides of the holder. I then stamped the really cute reindeer in black.


I stamped DO Not Open onto whisper white card stock and layered it onto Real Red and Old Olive and then punched two holes in the top of each carton and threaded white ribbon through the carton and the layered flower and tied it in a knot.


I then made 4 milk cartons using Real Red and Old Olive card stock and stamped the snowflake in versamark and embossed in white on the Real Red cartons and stamped the snowflake in Old Olive on the Old Olive cartons.


My photography is rubbish and I do apologise. The bottom of the carton has been closed using the small tag punch which I have stuck to the bottom of one of the bits of the base of the carton and then I cut out a hole for it to slip through to create the secret opening at the base of each carton

This allows you to get the goodies out without having to open the top of the carton!

I then stamped the to you from me onto whisper white and layered it again with Old Olive and Real Red and then tied some thick white ribbon through the handle of the holder and attached the "tag" to it.



I have really enjoyed making this. It is SO cute and will make a lovely Christmas gift (if I can bear to give it away)

Am now off to make some tea as my family have been very patient whilst I finished this.

Have a great weekend

Ruth
x

No comments:

Post a Comment