Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm Back!

Finally, I seem to be getting back on track. Thanks for being patient with me. We had quite an eventful Christmas with my youngest daughter being very ill with flu and a respiratory infection. My youngest has underlying health conditions anyway so swine flu on top was not good! Trying to cope with her illness, hospital stays, a new puppy and my MS was not a good combination.

However, she is now back at school and feeling much better and I seem to be in remission again so I thought I would dust off the door to my craft room and have some "me" time.

I have started back gently with the gorgeous Just Believe set. I love this set as it is SO versatile and can be used for so many different types of cards.
With this first card I used Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the image. After I had stamped it I used the paper piercing tool to go round the edge of the image to make it pop out on the card.
I then got out Riding Hood Red cardstock and teamed it with the Sahara Sand. I used clear embossing powder for this card to get a glossy look.
For the final card I used the red again but went for a more subtle look by just colouring the flowers with my marker pen and using the gorgeous scallop trim border punch.

I am hoping that now things are back to relative normality (well as normal as they can be in our house!) I will be posting a lot more often.
Have a great day
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment