Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cupcakes and Cards

I had a lovely day yesterday with my friend Hayley who came over to bake cakes. I made a yummy chocolate tray bake and she created the most colourful cupcakes I have ever seen!

Her cakes make my traybake look a tad boring!



I then went into my craft room and made an acetate card for my friends birthday. You can't relly see from the photo but the daisy stamp has been stamped in white onto the acetate to create a background

Then I created mats of pale plum and perfect plum to creat the insides of the card.

This is the card standing up

I told you I had been playing in my craft room and here are some of the results! I stamped the Greenhouse Garden pansy onto black card and then embossed it in white embossing ink. I then used the Stampin' UP! pastels to colour in the image above.

I then used the blender pens to colour in this image. Which one do you like the best?
I'll finish with a picture of one of Hayleys "special" cupcakes which I have to say I was quite glad when she told me that it wasn't for me!

Have a great day everyone

2 comments:

  1. Ruth, love the cards but WOW love the new look blog, its fab!!! The cupcake looks "interesting" Jules xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they Real Red cupcakes lol ? Love the acetate card
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete